Monday, November 3, 2008

The Election Buzz

So living in a state outside of Utah for this Presidential Election has gotten to be pretty exciting. We are planning on voting tomorrow and are really excited about it becasue we feel like our votes matter. Last Presidential elecation we were in Utah and as I felt as most people do like my vote didn't matter since practically everyone votes the same there. Last Presidential election the totals for Wisconsin tally up at 1,489,504 votes for Kerry and 1,487,120 for Bush. So as you can see this state is on the line for electoral votes. It has been pretty interesting to see all the Obama and McCain signs in the area; even to see one house with a Obama sign while their neighbor has a McCain sign. This picture below is my favorite. With the downstairs Obama and the upstairs McCain. I don't care what the polls say, I think it is going to be a tight election and I'm excited to vote tomorrow.


6 comments:

Nathan and Whitney said...

Yea for voting where your vote counts!! It's a great feeling isn't it!

Chelsea said...

I love the pic - and I agree! Ryan and I were both so excited to vote in a state where it mattered that we voted early - I voted two weeks ago! (Luckily we can here)

Unknown said...

i voted for the first time today! it feels good to think i might make a difference. im thinking about blogging about it.

Karen Bell said...

Do you think that the people in that house hate each other because they are voting for different parties?

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

Well...we fought a good fight!!! Shad and I knew coming to Washington, there was no hope for our presidential votes, however, there is a major battle for governor!! So luckily our votes might count for something!
Work is going OK...definitely have NOT mastered the banking world yet. Not even by a little bit! Did you start your new job?? I'll have to call you soon, its been a long time since we've had our weekly chats! :)

Rachel said...

That picture is hilarious. Yay for voting!