Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Got Postcards?

So I got sent this traveling notebook from Brody the other day. It is apart of a 5th grade project that started in Alaska. I guess this is to help their geography becasue in the notebook you are supposed to write about yourself and where you live, then send the notebook on to someone else. You are also supposed to send a postcard back to the class so that they know where their notebook has traveled. So I when I was running errands today I was looking for a post card. I looked at the gas station, the grocery store, Fed Ex, and even Walgreens. I found out they used to have them at Walgreens two years ago. I did have some help though of places to look for postcars, like "try the library", or "they should have some at the post office you would think", or even "I would go to a museum". So I have determined that my friend Meghan was right when she siad that Wisconsin does not exist. Maybe Wisconsin just doesn't have that many tourist that stop by and need a postie. I do have a source that tells me that they have them at the mall, who would have though? I will have to make a trip to the mall to get a postcard and hope I don't spend money on clothes instead.

4 comments:

Megh said...

See? Wisconsin is just a government conspiracy, it's all a figment of our imaginations. I am flattered that you remembered that odd tidbit about me and my beliefs about Wisconsin. There is a store upstairs in the mall called "Celebrate Wisconsin", or something like that. So your sources are right, I'm almost positive you can find a postcard there. By the way, I can totally see you in that Halloween pic on my blog. Maybe it loaded differently on your computer. Anyway, I didn't intend to leave you out! :)

Brody said...

You better find a postcard, or you will break a little girls heart.

Brad and Kjirstin said...

So Meghan was right, we did find a postcard at the mall, but you have to go to the Wisconsin store upstairs we went to the one downstairs first, then to Barns and Noble and finaly to the one upstairs and found postcards and also anything cheese that you could ever imagine, some day I am going to buy the cheese cowboy hat they have there.

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

Oh man... please buy that cheese cowboy hat, you and Brad both. Then take a picture!! Because I'm thinking that would just be so awesome!! Hehe.