Thursday, November 6, 2008

Leaves Follow Up

So I had to make a follow up post to the earlier post about leaving the leaves in the gutter. Brad was talking to our neighbor as he was raking the leaves, yes I did just rake but you have to do it like everyday there are that many leaves here. So our neighbor gave us the warning not to park over the piles of dry leaves because every year at least two or three cars will explode that way. Yeah I said explode, now that is serious stuff. I can see that it makes sense that the leaves catch on fire under you car and then, poof your car is gone with you in it. I am glad that we had the warning though because with all the piles of leaves in the gutter and the already lack of parking spaces I may have been tempted to drive over the piles and park there. So I am also warning all those that live here too, don't park on the dry leave piles.

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Wow, talk about serious stuff!! Your picture cracks me up. I miss you!

Brody said...

So I don't understand 100% How do the leaves catch fire? Does your car somehow just get hot and start them on fire somehow?

Rachel said...

I'm with Brody on this one. I guess it could happen. And even though the post is hilarious, it would definitely NOT be funny to have your car explode.

Wendy said...

That's pretty funny and scary all at the same time. I never would have thought! You crack me up by the way...love the picture!

Megh said...

WHAT??? Whew, thanks for the warning, neighbor. That's intense.

Brad and Kjirstin said...

So Brody told me I had to answer his question, but the truth is I don't know why they catch fire. I would just guess that is the leaves are dry and the heat from the car got too high they might prove good starters for a fire. Though we don't have to worry about dry leaves very much now because it has been raining tons here.