Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wisconsin State Fair

So one of the largest events in Wisconsin is the Wisconsin State Fair. People wait all year for this time to indulge their taste buds with an assortment of different, yet all fattening, foods (most of which you can find on a stick). We finally attended the state fair this year to find out what all the talk was about. Brad had already picked out what delicacy on a stick he needed to try, chocolate covered bacon was top of the list. He said you could literally feel it clogging your arteries as you ate it, but it was so delicious that you couldn't stop. I on the other had am still feeling anti anything greasy from pregnancy so did not feel like eating anything at the fair. We also walked around the animals. Brad wanted to find a cow that he could milk (apparently they let people do this at the Colorado state fair), but no one here would let us milk their cow. We also went into the convention center where Brad wanted to watch the people sell their products (like hundreds of in person infomercials all in one place), we almost wanted to buy this steam vacuum that we thought we now couldn't live without. At the very end of the night we found what we had been looking for the whole time, the flavored milk stand. You can get milk here for 25 cents in 5 different flavors: Banana, Strawberry, Cherry Vanilla, Chocolate and Root beer. This was probably the best chocolate milk I have ever had and now I crave it everyday.

Here is Brad's chocolate covered bacon on a stick and deep fried PB&J on a stick.

We were looking for belt buckles and I found this belt, classic.

We also watch a pig race, my first.

Brad saw this vibration machine that claimed to help you loose weight (that is one of the research areas he worked on in undergrad). People were actually trying it out, I don't believe they were loosing any weight though.

We got Cherry Vanilla, Chocolate, and Banana milk for only 75 cents!

I tried to do a chocolate mustache in this pic, but it didn't come out very well.

3 comments:

Burton the cool said...

I was going to skip the state fair this year, but your post makes me want to go now.
Oh, and I REALLY hope you got that belt. It's amazing.

Nathan and Whitney said...

How fun!! I think Fair food is hillarious, but that milk looks really good!!

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

Chocolate bacon on a stick... seriously nasty! Ew. Although I am not totally opposed to fair food, I go to the fair just for an elephant ear and the corn on the cobb! Look like fun!