Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkins and Fall

I love this time of year in Wisconsin, all the trees are burning with bright colors and the weather is cold enough for hot cocoa but warm enough that we still haven't succumbed to turning our furnace on yet. It is football season and Brad has started on his 2nd year of MCW intramural flag football. So when I was watching his game this weekend I was then inspired to go out and take some pictures of the beautiful leaves, and after Brads test was over I go him to come out with me to take some pictures together (he was so good to indulge as I dragged him out for a photo shoot). We also managed to round up people two days before Halloween to carve some pumpkins. Brad actually choose a squash this year, which shouldn't surprise anyone. Now that our pumpkins are ready I feel officially ready for Halloween this year.

Here is from the football game and my inspiration


The leaves under this bright yellow tree were the perfect colors





Here are some pals that stopped by to carve it up!
Happy, but Spooky
Brad's creative juices flowing on this one
This was the sweet yoda "white pumpkin" by the Nances that actually had yoda's texture too
Pumpkin friends

4 comments:

Karen Bell said...

I really like that football picture! Did you use patterns to do your pumpkins? They are really good. We just painted pumpkins because the pumpkin guts give my hands a rash.

Micah and Marilee Woolstenhulme said...

Okay those are officially the COOLEST carved pumpkins ever! Way to go you guys!

Chelsea said...

Those are INCREDIBLE pumpkin/squash pictures. WOWWA, I think you've taken carving to a whole new level. And your photo shoot turned out really well, I loved em!

Nathan and Whitney said...

I love that Brad always gets a squash! That is so him!

I LOVE the pictures. I am way impressed. They are beautiful!