Monday, November 9, 2009

Chig-Town

Even though we live pretty close to Chicago we haven't really gone down too often, but this last weekend some friends were having a reunion in Chicago that I couldn't miss. The weather made it up to a fabulous 70 degrees (surprising since the week prior was high of 40s). Shelly made a wonderful tour guide for only having lived there now a couple months. The best part was just being able to enjoy spending time with friends that I don't get to see a lot.

Here we are outside the cultural center (I had to represent WI)
We took a stroll through Millennium Park
And of course had to take some sweet pics at the bean (my favorite part of Chicago)

When we were walking by the Art Institute they had a cooking show being filmed so we stopped to have a look and a taste. They even filmed us as we tried some Crepes of the Future, so look for us on TV some day.
This guys had his own portable crepe maker
Then we got front row seating on a Vertical Horizon concert promoting their new CD
See how close we got!
Next stop was the Zoo
We were trying to get a picture with the Cougar, but then we found out it wasn't even a cougar
This was the biggest Gorilla I have ever seen
And we tried to get a shot with the lion but he was camera shy
After some misdirections and lots of walking we found ourselves walking across this bridge (that really was closed to pedestrians), but it had a pretty sweet view.
But we did make it to our destination eventually for the night
The next day we walked the Magnificent Mile, and saw the cutest little kid drumming

We had famous Chicago Dogs for lunch (mine probably not as famous because I opted out of all the toppings)
Brad meet us on Sat night so the only pic I got of him was our pit stop at the boarder on the way home
Here is a little clip of Vertical Horizon (sorry small format makes it not too clear)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You are hilarious. Love the post. Looks like you had some serious good times! :)

Chelsea said...

I am glad you had such a blast with some good ole' peeps. (Who is the guy? He doesn't look familiar to me.) AND... thanks for the suggestions on my blog! You sounded like a very professional design critic (: You're right, I really do need something over the mantle. When I read your blog then I miss you and good times of bygone days.

Burton the cool said...

oh man, that was such a blast. so glad you guys came. probably ranks as my favorite trip to chi-town!