Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Midnight Soccer

It made me feel non-sensical. My whole life I have been very practical, even in collage when everyone else was out having fun I had to get my homework done before I would let myself join the party. And even more important is getting an adequate amount of sleep; I would sleep 9 hours every day if I had the time. Brad knows that I am a stickler for getting to bed at 10:30 sharp, there is nothing to talk to me about after that time because all I can do is watch the clock and count down how much sleep I am loosing. So playing a soccer game starting at midnight? This is something I have never imagined I would ever do for fun. But here I find myself deciding to throw my good senses out the window and do something irrational , something that I don’t have much time in my life left where I even can do it, and put that before my precious sleep. Though this was my first time playing real indoor soccer I already felt too old and out of shape for it (or maybe that was because it was midnight and my body was trying to sleep), luckily this quick pace game includes lots of subbing. I learned last night sometimes it is okay to do what you enjoy in the middle of the night even when you have to get up the next morning and go to work, at least you are living and not just working.

P.S. and Brad did score a goal for me

5 comments:

Burton the cool said...

dude, i totally understand about late soccer games impeding on sleep. my buddies talked me into a Tuesday night league. i'm already stressing about the 9:45 p.m. games and calculating how late I'll get home, and the lack of sleep it'll cause.

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

Girl, I am so with you! Sleep is a TOP priority! Plus, I learned NOT to play soccer with the two of you... that intramural team kicked my TRASH. ;) haha!!

Nathan and Whitney said...

Wow, I am way impressed! Sleep is my top priority too, it's just not usually worth how you feel the next day. But midnight soccer...that is awesome!! Look how spontaneous you were! Glad you had fun :)

Nathan and Whitney said...

That is rough! I really hate it when Nathan is actually free and for some reason I am busy. But yes...I tell myself every day it will be worth it someday...I am just really hopin' it's true!!

And don't be too impressed that I have time to cook. Remember that I work an 8-5 job and Nathan works a much longer one :)

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

I know how you feel, Kjirstin. Sometimes I find myself staying up late to do something I like just because I am tired of my life being all about work! I am tired the next day, but I usually think it's worth it. Just not four days in a row like last week... :)