Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Goodbye Pajamas

I am moving on to the next phase in my life and with that comes saying goodbye to working at home in my pajamas. As some people already know I was finally offered a job at the Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission, is that too long don't worry this is shorter but not even easier to say a.k.a. SEWRPC. I will start this Monday as a Transportation Engineer in the Transportation Planning Department. Now what does that mean I will be doing... some of the same like making traffic models and writing lots of reports but hopefully there are also new and exciting things that I will get to learn and work on. I do have to say that I em truly grateful that I was able to get this job during this economic time. I know that Lord has been listening to my prayers about this for some time, and some day I will figure out why everything worked out the way it did. For now I am grateful to have a full time job again, hooray!

5 comments:

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

AHHHH!!! CONGRATULATIONS! Whoop Whoop! I am so happy for you... good luck with your new job, I know that you will be GREAT. You'll have to tell me how it goes. But now i don't know when I'm going to call you, no more morning phone calls in our PJs! :)

Rachel said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting! Job hunting is the worst.

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

Congrats, Kjirstin!! Sorry about the pajamas though. That's too bad. :)

Nathan and Whitney said...

congratulations Kjirstin! That is really great, and what a blessing right now! I am sad for you about having to go work though, it would be really great to stay in pjs all day!

Chemene said...

That's so exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time (at least I would be nervous). Good luck learning your new job.