Saturday, September 13, 2008

The TP Friends



So this morning I realized that we all have different types of friends. There are those friends that we call up to hang out on a friday night when we have nothing planned, there are those friends that we love to hang out with because they make us laugh so hard that we cry, and then there are those friends that we decide to play pranks on when we are not hanging out with them. And I realized that we are those friends, yeah, the ones that you would toilet paper their house when they are fast asleep. Okay, so I have to admit, we were got. We went to bed early on a friday night so that we could wake up early to make the trip to the temple. And in the morning as we pulled out in front of our house we found out we were got, and got good! Don't worry we have come to grips with being the toilet paper friends and are just glad that people would go out of their way to use precious toilet paper on us. Though it wasn't the amount of toilet paper used that made it good, but the fact that is was poring rain. Now I will tell you something about this community that we live in, Wauwatosa. They are like one big homeowner society that is super duper proud of how beautiful their city looks. Now we were warned when we moved in that we had to keep the lawn up to certain standards, only park on a certain side of the road and do something with the neighborhood watch program, you know things like that. So we were worried about getting fined or even worse arrested. Now you laugh at the outrageousness of that last comments, but need I remind you about the lady in Orem that got arrested for an unkempt lawn; look it up if you don't believe me. So anyways we stopped and got out to pick up the white goo that now was draped across our lawn. I don't know if you have ever picked up soaked toilet paper, but it is something I would prefer not to touch. It is like a soggy white mushy substance that you can't just pick up in big hand fulls. No, toilet paper is not like the brawny paper towels that hold together when saturated, they fall apart into little chunks of mush. As we were slaving away all morning I had wished that Brad had brought home some of his plastic gloves that he uses in the anatomy lab, because I swear this stuff was just as bad as those insides. Thank goodness for Brad who cleaned up much more that I did we felt comfortable to leave to the temple. The saddest part of the whole deal was that being late to leave for the temple made us late coming back and we missed the whole first half of what we hear was an amazing BYU football game, yeah, 42-0 against UCLA at the half and ending with 59-0. Don't worry the second half was still good to watch as they played their second string pretty much the whole time and still dominated. Go Cougs!!! So I know I normally post pictures with my posts, but it was still raining when we were picking up so no pics this time, but I do have a poem instead that I will like to post.




Toilet Paper






Toilet paper, toilet paper!
where for are thou toilet paper?
I sit here, waiting.
in need of something to wipe my bottom with.
one drop, two drop, three drop thats it.
I look to the roll...
Oh no!
Help!!!!!
I am stranded, I must wait for it to dry!
I wonder how long I will be here...
maybe until I die?
I would haunt this toilet.
Actually that might be fun.
I will ponder this thought as i sit atop,
Stranded on this toilet.
"knock! knock!"
Oh my who is that!
its my mom and she has brought me...
some toys?
but I am in no need of toys,I need toilet paper!
"Well too bad we don't have any, now wipe down with your teddy, and get ready for school.
"I'm so sorry teddy!






So we have decided that our friends just wanted to make sure that we had enough toilet paper. Thanks Guys.

3 comments:

Megh said...

I am so sorry! You can ask Brad, I have never been good at practical jokes. I was up all night, feeling guilty! We hope you know it was out of love, and we didn't consider the rain. Duh. You guys are awesome, and I'm REALLY glad you didn't get arrested!!!

Robyn said...

Wow, you really aren't good at the practical jokes are you Megh? You didn't even last a day before you confessed... :) he he he... Next time you need help give us a call. :) We're game. Oh wait... but no one needs to prank us... uh... nevermind...

Jessica said...

all i have to say....BYU vs. USU....:)