Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Starved Rock



We decided that we needed to get out for another Roberts adventure this last Saturday. I decided on this place in Illinois that I have been wanting to go to, and with all the rain lately I thought a perfect time to see the waterfalls. It was a long drive down there, but nice to be out and doing something. Charly was a really good sport for us for the most part, we did have to take a break after the first hike and chill in the car with the AC on full power while she took a nap and cooled off. I am hoping she has Brad's mosquito proof skin because I came away with 10 mosquito bites (maybe more because I still am finding them) and she only had one. On our drive down there Brad understood why people from Illinois are called "Flat Landers." This place called Starved Rock in Illinois is really deceiving, you would never guess these cool canyons and waterfalls are there in the middle of farm country.

Let go Hiking Dad!

They called this area the Council Chambers

This was the first waterfall we found...


Charly was not too interested at this point


We got really close to this waterfall


Charly found the best way to hike, asleep while Mom carried her.

5 comments:

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

That looks awesome, Kjirstin! I'm glad Charly had so much fun too. :) Yeh, traveling while someone carries you is definitely the way to go.

Burton the cool said...

that looks amazing. glad you are showing charly all the fun adventures one can have in life.

Latest News Updates said...

Nice post as well as nice blog
http://topupdatesblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/samsung-nexus.html
http://forexsavings.blogspot.com/2011/06/forex-savings-accounts.html

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

Looks awesome!!! Makes me really want to go hiking, and makes me REALLY want to go hiking with you guys!!!! Please come visit! Brad can skip some school right... :)

Rachel said...

I love hiking! Wahoo for the Roberts' hiking adventures! You guys rock, love you!