Saturday, June 18, 2011

New Lens


So after I was asked to be the photographer for my sister-in-laws wedding (and after I stopped stressing out about it) I began to do a little research. I soon found myself wanting a new lens, and now I had a really good reason to, right? Well I was lusting over the Nikon 50mm f/1.4G AF-S, but it was a little too much to reason with Brad that I really needed it, so after some more research I found a comparable lens, the Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF (also one of the cheapest prime lenses you can get). Today was my first time outside with it and I can say that I already love it, and even Brad said "oh I do see the difference in this lens." My other lens will still be loved because it is so useful, but this is my new favorite portraiture lens. Click on the picture to see it in its full glory.




6 comments:

Julia M. said...

Wow! I really want to learn how to take pictures. Your baby girl is darling. She looks just like you in the first picture. What a beautiful baby!

Chelsea said...

I have some major major MAJOR learning to do from you!! I love these pictures! Do you want to come visit and give me classes?! Charly is the cutest thing ever!

Brooke said...

okay wow i can't believe you are going to do a wedding! i would totally stress out too. Too much work for me, but i'm sure you will do an awesome job. good luck and be sure to share your pictures.

Brockton and Mallory said...

Little Charly is so cute!!! I can't wait until we actually get to see her in person. By the way, you will do great at your sister in law's wedding..A few of the ones you took at our wedding are my absolute favorite!

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

I ABSOLUTELY love my nikon 35mm 1.8 lens!! So I'm glad to see you are enjoying yours! It hardly leaves my camera! Charly is seriously one adorable little girl! Love the pics!

Ben or Sarah said...

really nice job. I had no idea you were a photographer.