Saturday, March 5, 2011

1 Month Stats

I know I am a little late on this, but it has been hard to find time to sit down on the computer when I would rather be making up on sleep. Up to her one month appointment we were on a 3 hour feeding schedule. Then she had gained enough weight to show she was eating well and the doctor said we could feed on demand. Since then I think her schedule has been all over because I let her sleep when she wants to, but then she has been not sleeping well at night (when I want to). I think she just finished a growth spurt, so that is our new goal, to get her schedule so that she will sleep better at night.

For all those breastfeeding Moms in Milwaukee: I also learned from my Pediatrician that there is a nursing room in the mall. It is in the family bathroom that in upstairs in the food court. Being new to this breastfeeding thing it has been nice to know that I can go out and still have a private place to nurse.

Her one month stats are:
Height: 21.5 in
Weight: 8lbs 13.5oz

She also likes to play now, okay playing is mostly staring at the toys that I put in front of her or holding on to what we put in her hand, but that is progress right?






This one she actually grabbed the binky herself, problem is she pulls it out instead of putting it in.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

i just wanted to say that she is adorable! so cute!

Chelsea said...

She is so cute - I love these pictures! Everyone is different but once my Mom convinced me it was okay I had no problem busting out my nursing cover and nursing on a bench in the middle of the mall, or on a lawn chair for sale in Target, or on a couch in an ikea display (all real instances in Elijah's early days). But it's always awesome to find nice little private gettaways especially for nursing moms! AND P.S. Charly, Lucy, and our girl will TOTALLY have to room together at college (although I think ours will have to skip a grade for that to work). Wouldn't that be the GREATEST?!

Julia M. said...

She is darling! Time goes so quickly, huh?

I realized that I was putting my baby to bed too early. He would sleep 5 hours, but it was from 7 to 12, not when I was asleep. Next time I'm putting my baby to bed at 10, when I go to bed. It's such a battle to figure out, but so worth it!

Jason & Shannon said...

Oh sleep, how nice. I hope she gets on a better schedule for you. I'm working on the sleep thing too. So funny that she pulls the pacifier out. If only babies COULD put it back in! Haha. She looks great! It's neat there's a place to nurse at your mall!

Cassie Rowse said...

It's so great that she is more interactive now.
You should read "The Baby Sleep Solution" by Suzy Giordano. We used that with Soren but didn't find out about it until he was 5 months old. It's so great to know when things are happening so I can kinda schedule things. He was also alot happier after we started the program.

Whitney and Nathan said...

Ok, I love that you have anursing room in the mall! I wish they had those there, I alwasy feel like I have to be home because there is no where to really go!

Sorry I am slow, but you asked about job search a wahile ago. THings are actually really good for us, we feel really blessed. Nathan got a job offer from the company that he has done his internship with for the last year and half. He starts full time with them as soon as the bar is over in August. And it's a job he LOVES, we are really excited!