Thursday, May 6, 2010

Backyard Deer


So yesterday I was sitting in the car in the driveway after my long day of work, writing in Brad's card for our anniversary (yes very last minute), when I looked up and I noticed a deer sitting in our neighbors backyard. It seemed that she was staring strait at me, but didn't even budge when I opened the car door and made a move for the house. I decided then that I wanted to see how close I could get with my camera without her moving. So I dashed for the camera and back outside. I snapped a million pictures as I slowly moved closer and closer to her. Hiding behind my camera seemed to camouflage me since she continued to stare in my direction without movement. It wasn't until Brad decided to come out and see when suddenly she decided the situation had become unsafe and made her move to leave. Don't worry we weren't too mean, we decided to back off and ten minutes later she was found sitting again enjoying the shady grasses in our neighbors oasis.




6 comments:

Megh said...

Happy Anniversary!

I LOVE the pictures! It reminds me of how accurate the term "doe-eyed" is. What a pretty animal!

Rachel said...

Wow. Those are pretty awesome photos. And good to know that you are safe, and Brad is not as far as deer go. :)

Jordan and Jenny Singleton said...

Cooooool. Makes me miss the great outdoors! (Since we're all Milwaukee city slickers now.) Hey guys, happy anniversary to us! Woo hoo! Cinco de Mayo! ( :

Nathan and Whitney said...

Wow, that is amazing! I love that. Here it seems like the deer are so accostomed to people that they don't even look up when you walk by (they are all over Malibu, I never expected that). But it still kind of makes me nervous to walk right next to them!

Don't you love living in a place where there are deer like that!

Oh, and happy anniversary!!

Clinton and Danielle said...

How awesome!! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Chelsea said...

Those pictures are AWESOME!!! You are an amazing photographer. And happy late anniversary! I forgot that ours were right by each other. CONGRATS!!!