Saturday, June 30, 2012

Apricot Jam

 So our new neighbor offered us some apricots from his apricot tree, when he brought them by he brought us a whole bag full of apricots.  As I was looking up recipes with apricots I decided that I would do my first try at canning (meaning first try ever).  I have always heard that jams where easy, and lets face it with Brad now started and no neighbors to socialize with all day I have lots of free time during Charly's nap.  So I went ahead and took the plunge. 
Here are the apricots that I started out with
Here they are after soaking in sugar for 2 hours as I start to cook them
And here they are in the jars that luckily sealed (I was afraid they wouldn't for a while)
And here is Charly's approval

2 comments:

Brockton and Mallory said...

You could have just done freezer jam

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

I'm super impressed!!! :) Well done!