Thursday, September 22, 2011

Apple Picking



One nice thing about living in the Midwest is that there are family farms everywhere and so you can always go pick the freshest fruits. This week we went apple picking on Brad's day off. It cost a little more than we expected because you had to buy by the bag, but you could sample all you wanted (and we took full advantage of that). After sampling we also let Charly have a try. She was loving sucking on the apples (probably more sugar than she has had in her life) and I loved that I didn't have to pick them up every time she dropped one.

Action shot of Brad looking for the best apple.

This is definitely the best smile I have caught on camera for Charly.

There was also a pumpkin patch there so we let Charly hang out with the pumpkins. She was all smiles here too except for when we tried to do a family pic.

Just hanging out but if you look close you can see Charly's first tooth.

There were tons of goats there that you could feed, check out Charly poking this on in the eye.

Come on Ride that Train Yeah.

4 comments:

Burton the cool said...

Charly has the cutest smile!! love the new family photo on your blog. i need to get me to an apple orchard soon!

Clinton and Danielle said...

Apple Holler?? LOVE that place!

Jenny said...

Adorable!!! I've missed seeing that little Charly's face! Love you guys.

Jamie and Tom said...

Kjirstin! It was so so good to see you at the broadcast! Charly is absolutely adorable!! I'm so glad I finally got to meet her! Our blog "front page" thing is

http://hebdonhoorah.blogspot.com/

Leave me your email on there and I will add you to our blog! I'll delete your email comment as soon as I get it, just so your email isn't sitting there for too long!

I love the pics of Charly by the pumpkins. She's in such a curious stage. You can even see that in the pics! It is so cute!