Monday, January 11, 2010

Fufilling our Snowboarding Need


So we have been anxious to go snowboarding since we didn't go at all last year. We looked into going while we were in Colorado for the holiday break, but the extra expense of either paying to fly our boards or renting them there made it just a little too much to fit into our budget. On our return to Wisconsin we were met by a big snow storm. The timing was perfect, Brad only had been back at school for 1 week so his load hasn't fully returned quite yet so this would be the best day to take off for snowboarding. Now we were quite warned by several people that Wisconsin ski resorts were nothing compared to our west. I found a resort with a 500 foot vertical drop (not much but there are even smaller to choose from). We woke up early and drove west, only it felt different because we never increased in elevation, in fact there was a time we thought we were lost because we were driving on a little country road passing farm after farm. When finally we got there we were surprised that the size wasn't as bad as we thought. Though Brad could probably get down a run in 2 or 3 minutes, it took me a little longer especially when I fell. Though the terrain was perfect for me to practice my carving, in fact I was snowboarding the best I ever have before. I almost felt like I was pretty good as there were actually other people there that were learning and falling more than I was (as compared to in Colorado where you are always past up by these 10 year old snowboarding masters.) We had a lot of fun and hopefully it filled us up enough for another long drought.

We took our camera but it ran out of batteries so these are from our cell phones

1 comment:

Micah and Marilee Woolstenhulme said...

now thats my kind of snowboarding. I love the kiddie hills at UT ski resorts so I would be in heaven there!