Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Kansas City

So I went for a super quick road trip down to Kansas City this last weekend, about a 9 hour trip from here. Sadly I had to do it alone because Brad was in bad need of study time, but it was worth it to be able to see my parents and brother again. We helped Brody get situated into his new place, KC's newest bachelor pad. Luckily we had some time on Saturday to check out KC downtown. We went to the Hallmark Headquarters where we checked out a crayola store, the hallmark visitors center, and a cinco de mayo festival happening outside the square. We also made a stop at Liberty Jail. And most of all I got my fill of Kansas City Bar-B-Q. It was a quick, but needed weekend and nice to see family again.
This is the view from my car window

Pretty much this is what the view looked like the entire drive down.

Here is our Mother's Day gift.


My mom and me in front of the Hallmark headquarters


The color wheel is made out of crayons


More crayons


And more crayons


Mom found the Christmas ornaments


Brody checking out the Hallmark history


Kansas City downtown


Liberty Jail


Brody at Liberty Jail



The outside of the Jail


And some good old Bar-B-Q KC style

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like it was fun! I want to go to the crayon place! Also, we never set Brody up with Rebecca!

Nathan and Whitney said...

So fun! I like Kansas City. There is just something about it. I am impressed you made the trip by yourself. I think I would have freaked out! Good job. When the Brad finish up the year?

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

Yay!!!! I see that you made it there and back okay!! It looks like you had a good time even though it was a short trip. Glad you got to see your mama on mother's day, I bet she loved that! It was so great talking to you on the phone, i was happy to keep you entertained!!

Karen Bell said...

9 hour drive by yourself, not fun, but at least you didn't have screaming kids the whole way!! And of course you had to have ice cream to keep you awake right? Anyway, looks like you had a fun trip, seeing family is always nice.

Nathan and Whitney said...

I just saw your comment on my blog. Yes, we are staying in So Cal for the summer so let us know when you decide to come. We would LOVE to see you guys!!