Tuesday, April 6, 2010

For those of you who do follow our blog (I as assume some people do because we do get wonderful comments from them) you might have wondered what has happen to us. Well I am glad to announce that I have switched jobs to one that has me busy again and I find myself with no time to spend in the blogging world as of lately. I am now an employee of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation working on the High Speed Passenger Rail to go from Milwaukee to Madison planned to be up and running at 79mph by 2013 and at 110 mph by 2016. This may seem like a long time from now, but the design will be finished by this time next year, construction starts in October and we have absolutely nothing done at this point in time (plus no one has ever done such a large rail project in the states history). So needless to say I will be pretty busy in the months to come, but I am pretty excited to be apart of this project. As Brad knows I love alternate modes of transportation. Also I am back to the cubical world and have already come home with stories of random conversations I hear from my cube. In the meantime I have made it through another birthday without trick candles (you would be surprised at how few that is been in my life) but somehow ended up with four different cakes in our house (I have been trying to lay off the sweets but this was just too tempting especially since three of them were chocolate).


We also found time to dye Easter eggs before Easter was over.

We didn't have any red dye but came out with some pretty shades of greens

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Happy late birthday! I can't believe I forgot your april fools birthday - I am glad it was good. And congrats on the new job - what a neat thing to be a part of! You're helping to make history! I always knew you'd do something that cool one day!

Nathan and Whitney said...

Wow, congrats on the new job. That sounds really big and important. It's so nice to go to work and do something important!! What a cool project for you, the first in the states!! I can't wait to hear more about it.

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

Awesome! Congrats on your new job, it sounds great. (And right up your alley of expertise!) I hope you had a GREAT birthday! I've been thinking of you lots lately and want to chat sometime. We need to think of a McOmber/Roberts vacation 2010! Maybe we'll just come visit you...??

Micah and Marilee Woolstenhulme said...

I like this!

Burton the cool said...

did you wear your hot new dress to work yet?