Sunday, September 28, 2008

Brains, Eyeballs, and Biochemistry



So... I, B-Rad, rarely find myself blogging in the midst of the rush of school and life in general, but this Sunday I thought I might make an appearance and actually write in a short report. Things at school have been amazing! As the title suggests, over the last couple of weeks we have cut off the top portion of our cadavers head, (yes, with a large power saw and chisels and mallets... now what could be more manly!?) and then we took out the brains. How many times in your life do you get to come home and have your wife say "so how was your day?" and you get to respond "oh ya know, the usual, we cut off the top of somebody's head and ripped our their brains". After the brains were out we got to go through the top and the front to get to the eyeballs. It's amazing how awesome the human body is!! And we have started biochemistry which I love. It's been fun and has really added to what I learned and taught as a TA in undergrad biochem. I'm lovin' it!! Needless to say, with all this adventure, I need a nap and some fishing real soon! (Sorry they don't allow pictures in the anatomy lab so this is all ya get... I'm sure you're all real disappointed not to see the brain...)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Dude, I loved anatomy. I never advanced to cutting the cadavar's head open and taking the brain out. That's AWESOME. I doubt most people would be jealous over that, but I totally am. BTW, we still have your Zelda game...we need your new address so we can send it to you.

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

Ummm...EWWWW! How incredibly yucky! But this is such a "Brad" post. I could almost hear him talking. Hehe. But I'm glad you're loving the med-school. I think Shad is still having a hard time adjusting to law school, he's getting there though.

Nathan and Whitney said...

Hey brad, really enjoyed the post! We don't get to do things that cool in law school. We just study what dead guys wrote...instead of the dead guys themselves, ha ha. I wanted to let you know, I've been learning about medical practice the last week or so; if you ever need any help... ha ha, joke. Hope you enjoyed conference, have a great week.

David said...

B-rad, in honor of you posting, I checked out your blog and thought I'd write a comment. First of all, that is awesome!! Secondly, you should come visit Utah rather than Colorado for the holidays. Thirdly, as Rachel mentioned, we have your game. How would you like it shipped to you?