Sunday, August 24, 2008

First Trip to CHICAGO

We took our first trip to Chicago yesterday. We both have to say that we never thought that we would be standing in the middle of Chicago and still just hours away from were we live. It is still kind of crazy to think that we are so far from home. We went to the temple with our friends Mike and Robyn. Then to downtown Chicago. Mike and Robyn had tickets to see Wicked and we were playing tourist. We found out that some streets just close down at night, we could not find an open restaurant for the life of us, so we ended up eating at this random surprisingly good priced cafeteria type steakhouse. Let me just say that the real Chicago deep dish pizza does not compare to the imitations we have back west. After Mike and Robyn left for their show Brad and I went exploring and found lots of open restaurants, a beautiful sunset over the river and a park full of magnificent gardens, sculptures and outdoor amphitheater. Now we know where to start next time we are there. Enjoy our slideshow of the day.


4 comments:

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

Hey guys! I didn't know y'all had a blog, so I am way excited now! Hopefully this way I can keep up with y'all a little better. I'll try to actually keep mine updated too, I suppose... :) Miss y'all a lot! I hope you're loving Wisconsin!

Julia M. said...

You guys are such a beautiful couple! I still can't believe it either--that you're closer to Chicago than BYU! :) We miss you and hope everything is goin gwell.

Karen Bell said...

You got some really cool pictures of Chicago! I'm jealous because with two kids is is a lot harder to go places, but it looks like you guys are doing great and you are way cute together!

Cassie Rowse said...

Hey, we need your new address! We got a you a present. Just message me in Facebook. Thanks!
PS I hope Brad's 1st semester at med school is amazing for both of you!